Yeah, I know...We have all been taught to keep the good stuff to ourself, or a few good friends. And that no one wants to hear about how good our life is, when it is.
But maybe that isn't true.
Especially now, when so many of us are struggling with being "stuck." Stuck at home, stuck with bills and without work, stuck in our writing projects.
So, I just wanted to say that I am feeling so grateful for the following gifts:
1. To have a wonderful partner in all of this madness... a best friend (and lover!) to spend my days and nights with, to go walking with, talk with, watch documentaries and dumb movies with, sip wine with, try recipes with.
2. To have work I love, that I feel is pretty important—relatively, not like brain surgery—and that contributes to good in the world (more great books!) and that does not pollute, promote evil, or even celebrate mediocrity.
3. That Russel and I both work from home, so that we can keep on working through all this madness. Though we hoped to be sailing up the coast by now, being stuck in San Diego on a boat is not a terrible place to be.
4. My great friends, who I chat with on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, text with occasionally, and even meet with on Zoom once in a while. And great clients who keep the work coming in...many of whom have become great friends.
5. That all of our family members are healthy (so far) and feeling fine, which is undoubtedly the very best thing of all.
See if you can come up with 5 things you are grateful for. You don't need to write the list down, but it may help. Why not? You have the time.
Take care, my friends—stay safe, and hasta pronto!