1. I know I've said all this before, but bear with me as I remind you of a few reason to attend SCWC:
To find your "tribe"! The most important reason of all—we all need people in our life that "get" us and "get" our writing...You can find them at SCWC!
2. To meet industry professionals, and not just see them at a panel. Where else can you chat with agents and editors and successful authors in an informal setting like coffee or drinks? (Too many conferences are "cattle calls" where the pros all hang out together and you never actually meet anyone except other first-timers.)
newest (and best!) mystery arrives on Friday, Feb 14 just in time for Valentine's Day and SCWC!
3. To get professional eyes on your work. Amateur authors often submit their manuscript when they finish their first draft, because they're tired of working on it...but the book isn't ready to be published. Whether you take some pages to read and critique meetings or go to late night (or early ones like mine at 7am Sunday) “rogues,” you'll learn what is working—and what isn't.
4. To learn more about craft and story in hands-on workshops like my new class on POV Sunday afternoon, and to learn what's happening in the industry. From workshops on publishing, marketing, & promotion for your published book, to great speakers who have a wealth of experience to share with you.
5. Because it's so dang fun! We all need to get out and meet other writers and socialize once in a while. And who doesn't want to hang out with a talented, inspiring, upbeat group of creative souls? So, show yourself some love and take yourself to SCWC—your work is worth it and so are you!
And yes, you can register the day it begins—Valentine's Day—hasta pronto!
I can't wait! It's my favorite time of the year!ReplyDelete
Looking forward it your new workshop on POV!ReplyDelete
REALLY NICEEEEE !!ReplyDelete
COMPRARE Patente Di Guida Senza Esami